The following steps can be performed before you install the germain APM software packages. For clustering and failover configuration, please contact us.
Get a License Key and germain APM package
- Provide the IP address of the germain APM Enterprise server and Service/Engine/Agent server(s) (if different) required for your license key to support@germainAPM.com.
- Once you receive links: Download germain APM installation package and copy it onto the germain APM Enterprise, germain APM Services, and germain APM Engine servers
Install Java on each machine
- Download and install the Oracle JDK 1.8 (or OpenJDK 8) on the germain APM Enterprise, germain APM Services and germain APM Engine servers
- Download and install the Oracle JDK 1.8 (or OpenJDK 8) on each server you want the germain APM Agent to monitor (Only needed for Agent deployment approach)
- Set the this as default Java implementation on each system
Other 3rd party software to install
- Download JDBC jars for your database vendor onto germain APM Enterprise and germain APM Engine servers
- Install Apache ActiveMQ 5 "Classic" (download)
- Install Apache Solr 7.7.x (download)